Tuesday, February 19, 2013

กรุงเทพ Bangkok

I wrote this in mid January but never posted it... but here is my unfinished, unedited account of my view out the window as I headed to Bangkok on the public van.

We pass shady little creeks covered in floating leaves and algae, bright green rice fields that fade into the misted distance- you can still make out the trees, light grey shapes in the mist. Two tiny boys sitting by the edge of a river fishing. Then the tall grandeur of a temple. Abundant corn fields, concrete water towers and dump trucks moving rocks causing billows of dust that momentarily obscure my view. Banana trees and little sala's where people sit and wait for a bus or van, one single truck sits out on  the edge of a rice field under a tree... Dusty, large, tall houses with high gates are followed by tiny squat homes made of concrete and sheet metal.

Like I said, unfinished, but maybe it gives you an idea of what it's like to go partway to Bangkok by van.

kearn

No comments:

Post a Comment