Saturday, April 6, 2013

A new 7-11?!

On Thursday Alex and I went to Bangkok to meet up with Sophie, Turi and Crystle.
Sophie had her first Mexican food and we all walked around and went shopping. That night Turi, Alex and I all spent the night at Sophie's house. In the morning we took motorcycle taxis to the bus stop and then went to Central Plaza, a shopping mall, where we ate Krispy Kremes, D(insert 'o' with little dots on top here)ner and watched the movie The Host which was a really good movie and also, for us, a comfy one because we all cuddled. Back to Lop Buri to find that there is a NEW, yes NEWWWW 7-11. You really know you've been in Thailand a while when you actually care about the fact that there is a new 7-11 in your town. I mean... it's not that 7-11's are rare, in fact, they are the complete opposite, there are three within a 5 minute walk from my house, it's the fact that there is a new one... in Lop Buri... in my town! I think it's the fact that I've been here long enough to see the changes as the city develops. Strange, strange... and now I must go visit the new 7-11 because it most certainly is not just like all the others, right? It is especially nothing like the one across the street from it and down about 200 meters away now is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment