Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Generosity

I poke her flat stomach, she playfully falls to the floor but quickly leaps back up. Pointing at my shirt she exclaims "ling! monkey!" I smile, "yes!". Then she twirls away, slips on her high heel, magenta, flower adorned, plastic shoes and dances across the room with a rhythmic tip tap. She stops by the new office chair and points... "gleen!" she proclaims, mixing up the "l" sound with the "r" sound as the majority of Thais do. I smile... "yes! excellent job!". And in this fashion she keeps dancing, skipping, tapping across the room finding colors and exclaiming them in her tiny, sweet voice. Her energy seems never ending, she can't sit still long enough to peel up a sticker from her sticker book so instead she stands, leaning on the table moving her legs and chattering away to herself. "Which one do you like P'Kaohom?" she asks. They are Disney stickers from Toy Story... I smile, pretend to think real hard about it and then point to a little square sticker with Rex, the dinosaur, on it. I look away for a moment and when I turn around her little hand is outstretched towards me, the Rex sticker on the tip of her finger. I smile. This is generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment