Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Check Out

I'm staring at a little green light. On. Off. On. Off. Sitting in the second floor kitchen you can look out the open window into the high ceiling garage where my host dads car air conditioning fixing shop is. I'm watching the light of the machine where the workers use their fingerprints to check in in the morning and check out at night. Upstairs, my suitcases are packed... ready to be carried down tomorrow morning. My heart is heavy. Tomorrow morning I'll be checking out. Checking out for good. 

In other words, tomorrow is moving day. I'm moving to my final host family. They seem like very kind people and I think I will be very happy living with them, but I can't deny the sadness I feel about leaving my current host family. I truly cannot thank the entire Pitakpanichkul family enough for taking me in and treating me as truly a daughter, little sister and part of the family. 

No matter how many times I say thank you, it will never be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment