Tuesday, March 12, 2013

New Familyyy

I spent the three days after I was in Bangkok with the Bechtolds at home. I hung out with my host family and soaked up every minute of it. I finally decided on Wednesday that since I was moving in the morning I had better get a start on packing up all my things. It ended up only taking about 2 hours -- two suitcases, two bags, a box and a trophy without a container to fit inside. The car ride was short and I kept my eyes glued out the window trying to hide the fact that silent tears were rolling down my cheeks. I tried not to cry, but as I left my mom and dad it was impossible. I was extremely welcomed into my new host family though. They own a very large van rental company and have four workers working in their office in the front room of the house, all of them were very talkative. I moved my things into my room, it's a super cozy room and I absolutely love it! That night my new family took me to a shopping mall and even bought me a new swim suit for my Rotary trip to the South which is at the end of this month! Two nights at my new family's home and I was away from home again though, on Saturday morning I headed to another province (Angtong) where I met about 15 other exchange students and spent Saturday and Sunday learned traditional Thai dances from all four regions of Thailand. We will practice once more next weekend and then be presenting our dances at District Conference at the end of this month. I am very excited! Just a few days after District Conference all the Inbound will be heading off on our first Rotary trip to the South of Thailand! I couldn't be more excited! Well, that's all for now, talk to you later!

Oh wait, oh wait! Happy Birthday to the best big brother in the world! I love you Riley! Happy 21st birthday today! <3

Here are some photos from my weekend in Angtong ----> Dance Camp

Kearn

No comments:

Post a Comment