Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Goodbyes...


July, July, July! Never seemed so strange...
Well, I’m quoting a song, but this part certainly seems to describe my life right now.  July was in a rush, it seems like it just started a few days ago yet I find myself looking at the calendar and reading today as August 1st. My last full month in Alaska has passed and I am leaving for Thailand in six days. Everything feels so strange... but I like it.  My suitcase is packed and my schedule is as well. Six days from now I’ll be across the world. I’ll be meeting new people, becoming part of a new family and community, going to a different school, eating different foods and speaking a very different language. I know this year will be difficult, it will present challenges I cannot even imagine, yet I still know it will be amazing and it will undoubtably change my life for the better. So, even though I’m leaving behind so many familiar faces, places and people that I love, it doesn’t have to be sad. In a strange way, I feel like I'm the happiest girl alive.
So here it is... goodbye Alaska! See you in a year!
Thailand, here I come! =D 
-Kearney
On another note, if you put your email into the box on the top right side of the page, you will be notified when I update here. 


1 comment:

  1. Kearney!!! We will all miss you this year as you enjoy this once in a lifetime experience! Have tons of fun and we will see your extremely tan self next year!
    I wish you safe travels and a wonderful "trip!"

    ~Jordyn

    ReplyDelete