Monday, August 27, 2012

It's automagic.

Today as I counted to myself in my head I realized something... I wasn't counting "one, two, three" I was counting "nung, song, sam". I was counting in Thai in my head. I was thinking in Thai. Albeit... I only needed to count from one to eleven (or should I say from nung to sipet?) it was still a wonderful moment.

Last week when I was in Pattaya I bumped into someone and immediately apologized in Thai only to look up and see a rather confused American tourist.

Though I know very little Thai and I can understand much more than I can speak, it is starting to come automagically (to use my brother's word:).

Bought a sketchbook today. Sketchbook, journal, blog and photos. I just don't want to forget a single second.

-Kearn

No comments:

Post a Comment