Thursday, August 16, 2012

Futbon. Soccer.


So far the time I've spent in Thailand has been quite confusing. I fluctuate between being very confused "ngong dtek maak" just confused "ngong dtek" and a little confused "ngong dtek nit noi". Yesterday though, there was a pure thirty minutes of blissful understanding... aka I watched half a soccer game. It was wonderful. Obviously it was great because I love soccer, but also because when I was watching soccer it was the first time since I got to Thailand that I did something that I also do at home. Even though I was sitting in a stadium full of foreign people speaking a foreign language and singing foreign chants... it was still somehow familiar. And maaaaan, did it make me miss playing soccer. :)
Makes me miss my team... I love you guys!

On a different note...

What's the first thing you think I did in my lovely Thai school uniform? Go to school? Pshhaww. No.
Ride on a motorcycle of course! (side saddle...can you call it that on a motorcycle... or is that just for horses? Who knows?) I love riding motorcycles! Some day I will drive one... some day!

I introduced myself in front of all 3, 300 students at my school today. It was actually not nerve wracking at all and I was told that I have a very clear accent... I'm not entirely sure if that means they can understand my Thai well or if I have a very bad accent... I took it as a compliment though. Haha :)

Anyways, off to sleep. Getting up early tomorrow to go to Pattaya with my second host family! I cannot wait!

-Kearney

No comments:

Post a Comment